Friday 13 March 2015

Editing - unit 32

Creating the introduction via Adobe Illustrator CS6
I made the introduction background via Adobe Illustrator CS6. This was a second attempt, as I created a previous introduction background via Photoshop, but found it was too pixelated and unprofessional once added to my video with text. Using Adobe Illustrator CS6 has solved this problem, and allowed me to create a professional looking background, using the shops colour scheme and a similar pattern to the actual logo.
  1. I began by selecting a colour scheme, using the actual colours from the shop front, adding them to a new layer which I could then delete.
  2. I made a rectangle via shapes, added onto a new layer and coloured it via the eyedropper tool (cream).
  3. Then I made another layer making a vertical rectangle and then put (mint green) colour to it. I copied and pasted the first rectangle, continuing to do this and placing them the same amount of squares apart from each other (using the grid and snap guides) until the finished product (shown above).
  4. Once again, I created a new layer and added a horizontal rectangle, coloured in (brown) from the swatches (shown above).
  5. I exported this to a PNG and then imported it into Premiere Pro CS6, selecting the clip, effect controls, video effects, motion and then altering the scale to eliminate the black border.
Re-naming the clips

 I re-named the clips so I can easily distinguish which ones are which and whether I can use them in my final promotional video, also allowing me to tell how many clips I have of each shot. This can be done by double clicking the name of the video, and typing a new name.

Rendering the video
Rendering the video (Enter button). This shows you exactly how your final footage will look like in the preview and also plays back any footage in real time at a full frame rate. This is helpful to do whilst editing as it can give you a closer feel as to what the end result will be.

Labelling clips as 'good'
I labelled clips as 'good', so I can easily extract good visual clips. This is useful when editing as it saves trawling through clips numerous times, allowing me to eliminate the bad clips and highlight the effective clips that I plan to use.

Adding a video transition
I also added a video transition to the video titled 'dip to black', to ensure a smooth transition from clip to clip rather than a harsh straight cut. This slows the narrative and gives it a smooth and calm tone. Other transitions can be used (shown above), in addition to audio transitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment