Monday 11 May 2015

Health and safety


Before filming commences I must ensure that all health and safety regulations are met. Having already conducted numerous health and safety shoots, I have researched this topic in depth and as director of the project I will be in charge of making sure that everybody involved is safe, and I must therefore prevent any potential accidents. In order to do this I must identify all of the hazards and evaluate the risks, identifying measures to control these risks.

Firstly, I must ensure that everybody is aware of fire exits and escape routes, which may be fairly easy to conduct when shooting outdoors. Although shooting in this way has separate dangers which could include road hazards (e.g. cars and trains), nature hazards (e.g. uneven ground and steep drops) and factors out of my control (e.g. other human error). Equipment should be carefully transported, set-up and used effectively to prevent any accidents. Heavy equipment (e.g. fluid head tripod) can become obstructive, however if I carry out my health and safety precautions well enough then this will not be a problem. I will attempt not to obsrtuct anybody around me and will do this by ensuring that I am constantly aware of my surroundings and people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment