Monday 11 May 2015

Location scouting

For this unit I plan to create a music video production with abstract visuals and a nature based theme. I decided that the best place to film would be the south coast. Here, I have researched some locations along the coastline and nearby places of interest that I would like to shoot at. I have also included the distance of each place away from the main nearby town, to attain a better understanding of methods to get there and if they are realistic with my transport and time frame. I feel that researching numerous locations is beneficial in finding the perfect shooting location, as it gives me more opportunity and scope, and I will be sure that I am finding the right location to match my visual ideas.

Bournemouth
- Poole (5.5 miles)
- Brownsea Island (7.7 miles)
- Old Harry Rocks (9 miles)

Brighton
- Brighton Pier (0.3 miles)
- Friars' Bay (7.7 miles)
- Belle Tout Lighthouse (20.2 miles)
- Beachy Head (20.8 miles)

Weymouth
- Wyke Regis (2 miles)
- Weymouth Bay (3 miles)
- Portland Bill (8.9 miles)
- Durdle Door (14.1 miles)
- Lulworth Cove (14.9 miles)
- Mupe Bay (14.9 miles)
- West Bay (17.4 miles)
- Worbarrow Bay (17.4 miles)
- Golden Cap (22.4 miles)
Durdle Door (top) and Mupe Bay (bottom).

I have decided to shoot in Weymouth/Portland, as there are many local places of interest and I feel that I would attain better footage there. Out of the towns on the south coast that I have researched, I found Weymouth to have the most striking locations nearby. I have also looked into transport, researching how to get to each place and ensuring that they are not difficult to travel to/from from the town.
Here is a weather forecast showing precipitation, humidity and wind in my planned location, for my planned filming days. This will be very helpful when shooting, as it gives me an idea of where to shoot at which day/time, plus the wind speed and therefore the wave height in mph (miles per hour).

No comments:

Post a Comment